Sunday, December 6, 2009

Alienware Is Retarded

They used to be the pride of gaming techy's, but now it seems there just not up to par. The only thing alienware has going for it these days is just their cooling systems. that's it.
So heres my sob story, and I've managed to find posts of over 30 other people all saying the same thing, alienware ripped them off, and they knew what they were doing. Personally, i bought a laptop refurbished from them to try and get it cheap, but what they didn't list on their site was that it had a motherboard in it that was already discontinued when I bought it, and it would only run windows XP because the board had no SATA drivers available for any other OS, also the piece of crap came with no drivers except for a few for the audio card and whatnot (drivers that come with windows xp for the most part) and they were all on CD (windows xp only lets you install drivers during the installation if you use a floppy drive, it wont read drivers from cds). It took me a few months to figure this out because it took a few months for the thing to die, I sent it back for repairs, they told me the motherboard cracked, because they put a Pentium 4 processor in it that wasn't designed for laptops, it was a desktop processor..... so basically they made the kind of mistakes in making that laptop that I didnt even make the first time I built a computer... I was 11.
Well you get what you pay for you might say, well i would too, except that it cost 1400 AFTER the discount for being a refurbished version, had I got it new it would have cost me 3500 for the same computer... Thanks Alienware, I now have a HP that had been running for 3 years, Its not a 32 bit system like the crap box u sent me, and it WORKS!!! Also I've managed to convience 13 people that I know of not to use your company for anything. Not alot of people i know, but hey, every little bit helps when your trying to make sure that a corporation that just lies to people who dont know much about computers is destroyed. (when my motherboard overheated they told me to try taking out the ram and putting it back in.... i was like, oh, yah.... that'll work...rolls eyes)
Which brings me to my next topic, the customer service. I asked them about a year ago if they could send me a link to where i could find the SATA drivers for the d900t(my motherboard). Ill let you know if they ever write me back, but somehow im losing hope.

In Summup, if your looking for a new PC, i highly suggest looking into a quad core with at least 6gigs of ram and a 64bit system (32bit systems can only use up to 4gigs of ram), manufacturer' really isnt that important as long as its not alienware (id probably stay away from compact and gateway as well, but i do admit ive heard some good stories about some gateways, but ive also heard an equal amount of sob stories about them).

No comments:

Post a Comment